Reason this book exists:
To improve your writing by practicing it every day for 90 days, to stretch your imagination with writing prompts and develop your capacity for creating mystery stories.
How this book is built:
On the left side, you have a quote by a famous (or infamous) author. On the right, you have a blank, ruled page to write on.
- Read the quote.
- Pull an inspired idea from your imagination and write it down in one sentence. Refined, this becomes your Hook.
- Write one paragraph about that idea – this becomes your Elevator Pitch.
- If you like that pitch, then write one page about that idea – this becomes your Synopsis.
- And if you’re now fascinated by that idea, then stop and have a cover made, then proceed to write the story.
- Otherwise, keep this up for 90 days.
You’ll soon find you’ve developed the ability and habit of creating mystery stories out of thin air. By the end you may also find that you now have 90 possible stories you can bring to life.
The post The Train on the Girl: Mystery Writing Prompts – A 90-Day Challenge appeared first on Living Sensical.
from Living Sensical » Library http://ift.tt/2vpK0Lq